Saturday 10 May 2014

HypnoBirthing

I have been teaching HypnoBirthing since December 2008. I am passionate about this philosophy and method of childbirth though unfortunately not through personal experience ( it wasn't heard of in this country when my own children were born) but through my work as a midwife I have witnessed its many benefits.

HypnoBirthing teaches you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing, you will not be in a trance or a sleep state. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed. 

Through my classes you will learn the techniques for achieving a satisfying, relaxing and stress free method of birthing. You will learn how to make your body  release endorphins (a natural relaxant similar to morphine) and thus lessen or even eliminate the need for medication.

It is fear that causes pain and tension in childbirth. Through self hypnosis, special breathing and visualization HypnoBirthing teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it and how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to this pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.

You will be fascinated as you view HypnoBirthing films, showing labouring mothers,awake,alert and in good humour as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you too can know when you are free of the fear that causes pain and tension.

 The course is run over four classes held on midweek nights and/or at weekends depending upon couples' needs. It is helpful to have completed the class when you still have a month to go. In special circumstances classes can be held over a weekend for example when time is of an essence but this is by no means ideal. The most benefit is to be gained when there is a chance in between classes for couples to practice and iron out any difficulties with techniques at the next class. The earliest I would recommend is after your 20 week scan. I offer follow-up support over the phone and via email for all my couples paying for a full course and always enjoy visiting the new family after the birth and to hear all about it! I'm sure that when I'm having a cuddle with the newborn that they recognize the sound of my voice! I particularly enjoy hearing news and to see photos of my HypnoBabies many months later.

MANY FAMILIES JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK SO THEY CAN SHARE THEIR BIRTH STORIES AND POST BABY PICTURES AND CONTACT EACH OTHER.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/532958313393532/

If you want to see some amazing HypnoBirths then check some of these out on youtube:


I have also tweeted some recently that I found interesting, follow me on @Fit2Drop_UK

You can also find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/midwifemandymole 

Or my website: fit2drop.net 


No comments:

Post a Comment