BUT WHY CHOOSE HYPNOBIRTHING?
As summized by a recent study in Hypnobirthing in Australia (Phillips-Moore 2012) :
- Hypnobirthing is a natural alternative way of approaching the later stages of pregnancy and birth and is steadily increasing in popularity.
- To a large extent, western civilization and culture have influenced the way a woman thinks of childbirth and because of this, fear and anxiety concerning labour were introduced.
- The fear of birth is reduced by explaining the birth process to the woman and teaching her how to work with her body. The mother-to-be is trained in mental rehearsal and imagery to prepare for the labour and birth, and is taught self-hypnosis and relaxation as well as breathing techniques to assist in the birthing process
- Her study of women who had taken a Hypnobirthing course demonstrated a reduction in pain or discomfort during birth, a reduction in pain medication, shorter labours, fewer c.sections, high apgar scores (condition of the baby at birth) and less post-natal depression.
- The majority of her women reported feeling more confident, relaxed, less fearful, focused and more in control. They also commented on the ease and comfort of labour and birth, and the satisfaction of having their partners involved and supportive.
My courses are fun, informative ( I have been a midwife for 23 years) interactive and affordable. There are payment schemes to spread out payments, reductions for introducing other couples who sign up, or for hosting sessions at week-ends ( when my home is full of teens !) Sessions are flexible and planned around the group's needs ie start /end times, avoiding weeks when couples are on holiday, no set week day eves etc
Please contact me for further details firstname.lastname@example.org or 07878549941